The Dutch IT sector
Did you know that the Netherlands is a leading country in ICT innovation?
It has various centres of expertise in cyber security and plays an important role in global internet traffic. Due to its strong ICT infrastructure and its highly skilled workforce the country is an attractive location for global IT companies, such as Microsoft and Intel. Additionally, well known gaming companies such as Guerrilla Games, Perfect World and Kixeye have established operations here. In total, around 64.000 tech companies can be found in the Netherlands that provide work to more than 260.000 IT professionals. Are you motivated to join this workforce? Great! Click here to get in touch with us.
So far you have learned that the Netherlands is an important country for ICT Innovation. But what have the Dutch actually invented? Here you can find a few examples of Dutch inventions:
- Python: developed by the Dutch scientist Guido van Rossum in 1989
- Wi-fi: developed at the Technical University of Delft in 1991
- Bluetooth: developed by the Dutch engineer Jaap Hartsen in 1994
- CD and DVD: developed by Philips in 1979 and 1995 in the Netherlands
If you work as a Software Developer in the Netherlands you can expect your salary to lie in the following ranges:
- Junior: € 2.000 - € 3.000 gross/month, or approximately € 1.600 - € 2.250 net/month
- Medior: € 2.500 - € 4.000 gross/month, or approximately € 1.900 - € 3.200 net/month
- Senior: € 3.500 - € 5.000 gross/month, or approximately € 2.750 - € 4.000 net/month
Please note that the net amounts are estimates that include the ‘30% rule’, a special expenses reimbursement scheme offered by the Dutch government (30% Facility) . Higher paying jobs than the ‘senior’ range are very rare in the Netherlands.
Are the mentioned salary ranges higher than in your home country? Then the cost of living in the Netherlands may also be higher than in your home country. Click here to read more about the cost of living in the Netherlands.
Relocation by Venderion
- Get in contact directly with the most innovative organizations using cutting edge technology in the Netherlands
- Receive invites for relevant opportunities that match your skills, technology stack and ambition
- Professional advise throughout the selection procedure
- Extensive help throughout the relocation process (housing, insurance, administration, etc.)
Do you want to know more?
Click here to read the reviews of Francisco, Salvatore, Joey and Victor!